Steve McQuillan has over 38 years of civil jury trial experience, with practice specializing in civil defense. Notable trial experience includes his representation of 22 wholesalers and retailers in a six-month, $1.5 billion groundwater contamination trial. Steve is also the Assistant Chief of the Shaver Lake Fire Department. Steve enjoys spending time in Shaver Lake and being with his daughters and grandchildren.
- California State University at Chico, (BA International Relations, Honors in English) 1979
- University of Santa Clara School of Law, J.D., 1982.
Steve is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates and the California State Firefighters Association.
Community Involvement/Speaking Engagements
- Shaver Lake Fire Department – Assistant Chief and Training Officer
- Shaver Lake Advisory Council
- Shaver Lake Civic League – President
- American Board of Trial Advocates – Past President San Joaquin Chapter
- Ockenden Homeowners Association – Past President
- Good Shepherd Lutheran Church – Past President
- Valley Medical Center Foundation – Past President
- Destination Imagination – Past Regional Director
- Clovis Swim Club – Past President
- Trial Practice Instructor – San Joaquin School of Law 2010-2015
- Mock Trial Instructor – Fresno State University 2004-2012
- Destination Imagination – Elementary-High School Level 1992-2002