JAMES BONNIE, ASSOCIATE
Prior to joining WTJ Law, James served our Valley as a Deputy District Attorney with the County of Kings. During his tenure there, James prosecuted numerous complex criminal cases, including homicides, manslaughter, criminal street gangs, white-collar fraud, elder abuse, human sex trafficking, hate crimes, agricultural, and sexual assault cases. Prior to his time with Kings County, James worked in the United States Attorney Office in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, as well as in the White-Collar Crime Division of Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office and for the County of Lane, Oregon.
James is a proven litigator, with having tried, through to verdict, over a dozen jury trials, including homicides, and over half a dozen grand juries. James’s litigation experience also extends into jurisdictional and post-conviction hearings and appellate proceedings.
James is a resourceful, accomplished literary and tenacious advocate, joining WTJ with a comprehensive knowledge of the full cycle of a case and an unparalleled skillset, ensuring that he is adept to take on any issue that may arise for our clients.
James specializes in civil litigation and trial work. he has familiarity with water law, civil racketeering and corrupt organization, contract law, business disputes, public entity defense, and wrongful death cases.
- Member of the Fresno County Bar Association
- Member of the Kings County Bar Association
- Member of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- University of Oregon, Knight Law School, 2012, Oregon Law Review, Jessup International Moot Court, Oregon State Bar Scholarship for Highest Grade in Securities Regulation
- California State University, Hayward, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, 2009
- Admitted to the State Bar of California, all California State Courts
- Admitted to the State Bar of Colorado, all Colorado State Courts
- Admitted to the United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Admitted to the United States District Court of California, Eastern District